The Goal of iFLEX Interactive Classrooms:
In accordance with the Next 150 Strategic Plan, specifically Goal 2 Transformative Learning Experiences, our goal is to build and support state-of-the-art classrooms and classroom learning experiences that augment diverse teaching strategies and active engagement in the classroom.
Seven Principles for Designing Interactive Classrooms*
- Enhance student and faculty contact
-Increase opportunities for student-teacher interaction in the classroom.
- Promote diverse work groups and teams
-Maximize opportunities for students to work in diverse groups or teams.
- Support interactive and engaged learning
-Provide interactive learning experiences to improve engagement and retention.
- Increase classroom communication
-Increase opportunities for students to share their ideas with faculty and peers.
- Make student thinking (and learning) visible
-Provide tools to make thinking visible in class, including interactive technologies.
- Expect increased participation
-Help students learn to perform at their best, and collaborate effectively.
- Adapt to different styles and strategies
-Support a variety of teaching and learning styles and strategies